What a weekend! I went to a bull fight today, and I really needed to share my details about the day with everyone!
Last night our program director had a wine tasting with tons of food and tons of wine. The night was out of this world amazing! We had a few dry whites and many different red wines - all of which were just absolutely wonderful. Then she taught us how to Flamenco dance and showed us around her house. The rest of the night was mellow. We ended up going to a hookah bar and catching the last metro train home.
Today we got some churros w/ café at this cute little shop up the street from us. Then the rest of us decided to go to a bull fight (since GW will reimburse us for the cost). I can't say I hated it, but I can't say I loved it either. I'm so glad I went to see it since it's such an important part of the culture her. On the other side, I think it was by far one of the most barbaric things I've ever seen in my life. I just talked with my host mother about it at dinner, and she really enjoys them. She thinks it's a beautiful fight between man and bull. I'm not sure I entirely agree with her, but I can respect that it's an art. I used to think it really was a piece of Spanish culture, and it shouldn't be banned. After today - I totally agree with the recent ban in Catalunya and really think it should be banned elsewhere. Anyways!! I put some pictures up on my Picasa account if anyone is interested in looking!
No comments:
Post a Comment