Friday, October 8, 2010

Españoles y Los Padres

Yet another wonderful week of the Spanish lifestyle!  Classes this week were pretty bland, and I'm starting to get a cold :(.  Yesterday I got my flu shot, so let's hope I don't start getting the gripe!

Tonight my friend was going out with this guy she met at an ice cream shot, and she asked me to join her.  We went out to hookah (which apparently means cocaine here, use shisha if you ever come to Spain), and drank tea.  It was great, and then afterwards I found out that we were out of water in my house!  The water heater broke, and she had to turn off the main pipe leading into the house, so I don't know if I'll be able to take a shower in the morning :(.  Afterwards, I went to a bar with a friend, and we had a few glasses of wine.  The bartender was fun, and we chatted with him for a while.  He's really familiar with the US etc.  Basically just another normal night in Spain.

Tomorrow I'm planning everything for the weekend.  My Dad, Louisa (step mom), and Jonnie are visiting this weekend!  They're in Madrid Saturday and Sunday, and on Monday we're going to Granada.  It'll be a lot of fun, but I have so much to plan tomorrow so that we can have a good weekend.  I think we'll be doing the big museums, and I'm going to try to find us some cute restaurants/bars to go to.  I'm super excited, but there's so much to do before they get here Saturday morning!

Anyways - you probably won't hear from me until Tuesday when I get back from Granada.  I sent some postcards out today - maybe you'll be getting one!  ¡Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment