Can't say it's been a very exciting week - mostly just working on homework after my whirlwind tour of Spain. I've finally booked all my hostels for my weekends of traveling coming up, and I'm so excited!
Today we went on a "Burro Excursion" (burro means donkey). Basically we rode donkeys for an hour and a half through the mountains. There's some pictures in my Picasa album if anyone wants to take a look. It was a beautiful day, and the site was absolutely precious. It was technically in La Comunidad de Madrid (basically the "state"), but was an hour from the city. You would never have guessed you were so close to Europe's third largest city based on the amount of space and open land. There were cows grazing, donkeys carrying us, and nothing but mountains and fields as far as you could see. Such a great way to spend a Friday.
After the burros carried us back, we had a barbeque at the "camp." It started off with this potato dish (that you could essentially add bacon too), and it was AMAZING. I ate so much food, and then they brought out the meat dishes. Two types of sausage, pork, and steak. I don't think I've eaten that much protein in one meal since arriving here. It was amazing, but all I wanted to do afterwards was sleep from my food coma. When I got back to Madrid, I talked to Katie for an hour, which was awesome since we hadn't talked in a few weeks!
The rest of the weekend doesn't look to be super exciting. I think I want to try and rest since I have four weeks of travel coming up. Next weekend I'm going to Amsterdam & Brussels with Sydney and Mia. Mia's birthday is Thursday, so that should be a lot of fun (since that's when we arrive in Amsterdam). I'm so excited - expect good stories and pictures after next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment